Dear friend and partner,
During this tumultuous season for the whole world, I have been challenged by Paul’s words “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is a crown of righteousness laid up for me, which the righteous Judge will give to me on that Day, and not only to me but to all who have loved His appearing. (2 Timothy 4:7-8)
Those words have been an exhortation to me during this season to stay on the course, finish the task, keep the faith and long for His appearance.
These are noble goals, but I find it takes every fiber of my faith to endure the course, and not be weary during this challenging time.
What spurs me on is the deep need at this time for women to know God intimately, to know His Word, to be transformed by His Spirit, and to learn to live in His identity and purpose. Jesus said, “If you abide in My word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32) “…where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” (2 Corinthians 3:17). This is the message we bring to women.
I’m asking you to pray for me and for our Butterfly leaders and the women they are discipling and reaching around the world, that God would increase our faith, and provide even more of His grace and His anointing to bring His word in the revelation of his Spirit and power so that women will know the truth and experience healing, freedom and transformation in Jesus. Without God’s Spirit and His power we can do nothing.
I love the way the Lord connects and multiplies our groups and disciples. We never have to strategize where we are going, or which country or town to reach. The Lord uses women’s excitement as they share His work in their own lives to introduce Butterfly discipleship in the most unexpected places.
- I was invited to spend a delightful week’s vacation this summer with dear friends in Tennessee. During the week I spent time with their niece, a beautiful, young woman searching for truth. After reading The Butterfly Story, she wrote from Kentucky to say she wanted to be a butterfly. She prayed to receive Jesus as her Lord and Savior over the phone. Now one of the high points of my week is meeting with her by phone as she grows in being a disciple, developing her wings to fly in Spirit and Truth.
- Several years ago, God put Japan on our hearts when a woman in one of our groups expressed her heart for Japan. Three years later, the Lord brought a Japanese friend living in Orlando to our workshops. After her three-year training, Masako started a butterfly group in Orlando, but also began discipling a Japanese missionary in Japan, online.
- Last year, in Brazil, butterfly leader Marli introduced butterfly groups to several women of Japanese origin living in Brazil. One of those women moved to a closed country in Asia and introduced five women in that country to an online butterfly group Marli is leading each week.
- Another Japanese woman who met Marli in Brazil and is now living in Japan is also being discipled by Marli online from Brazil.
We could never have imagined how God would open these doors in Kentucky or in Japan. Only God can arrange these divine connections as we follow Him and obey His promptings.
Resuming In Person Workshops
Avalon Church, my home church, has graciously allowed us the use of their large classroom to provide the space to meet with our groups in-person. This week, Wednesday 9 – to Saturday 12, we meet for Workshop 2 with women who joined us from Minnesota, N. Carolina, Virginia, Orlando, Mexico and Brazil for their first workshop in March just before lockdown! God has been doing a deep work of transformation, healing and freedom among these women. Sadly, our butterflies from Brazil and Mexico cannot join us in-person this week, but Lord willing they will join us in March 2021.
New Groups This Month
- Mexico: The pastor’s wife who joined us in Orlando from Mexico in March started a new butterfly group in Mexico this month for women in her church.
- Virginia: Our butterfly from Virginia started a butterfly group in Virginia last month.
- Lithuania: Diana has been leading several butterfly workshops for women in Lithuania for two years. This month one of her butterfly disciples will start her own group for women.
- Kansas: A third generation Orlando butterfly is starting an online group for relatives in Kansas
- Southeast Asia: Still under strict lockdown, Martha, our Butterfly leader in Southeast Asia, has been meeting groups online and by phone. A new group of eight village women were so hungry to hear the word that they gathered around one phone to hear Martha teaching. The phone had no speaker, so they found a bucket with rice which created a speaker for the phone!
- There is so much I could share from all our groups in US and worldwide. Groups are beginning to meet again after a short summer break. Although we were hoping most groups would be back to meeting in person by now, some are still meeting online.
- Pray for our Butterflies meeting in Oregon who are experiencing spiritual oppression but are believing that God’s light shines powerfully in the darkness!
- Pray for our group in Europe as we will begin meeting monthly online. Please pray for the 14 precious women and eight countries in Europe they each represent. Pray that God will strengthen them in their faith and use them to bring His freedom and light to women Europe.
- Pray that our women leading groups in the UK, Poland, Peru, Brazil, Orlando, North Carolina, and South Florida jail ministry will be filled with God’s power to lead women to freedom in Jesus.
South Florida Jail Ministry
- The jail has been closed to volunteers since March, so our LUV Pod has been closed. However, Butterfly leader Tanya connects regularly with the women, writing lessons to them and meeting with them by phone each Friday.
- Occult practice has increased in the jail since we were unable to meet there. Please pray for the women to see the light of Jesus and experience His power to set them free from bondage and addictions as Tanya ministers to them.
Closing from Liz
Thank you for covering us in prayer for the work God is doing in this new season! I hope this amazing message, which Tanya received from the S. Florida Jail Sheriff where we have our Love UnVeiled Pod, will encourage and bless you in your partnership with us…
“Thank you for sharing the good news of God’s continuous work in the lives of the women you serve. At the end of all this, only what’s done for Christ will matter. Stay encouraged, stay in the fight, and Heaven will reveal all the good you have done. God bless and keep you.” (Sherriff, S. Florida Jail).
May this encourage us all to stay in the fight, knowing only what’s done for Christ will last.
With warmest love and appreciation,
In His love,