I am excited that tomorrow, Orlando Butterfly Krista and her husband Frank, leave for Honduras on a LUV mission.
Krista’s vision: My desire for the women of Honduras is to see Jesus transform their mind to see who they are in Him. I long to see the women set free from the bondage of resentment and poor self concept. Being free will make it possible for women to love others through Christ. Through this transformation, I believe men will be transformed as well. This transformation can lead to women being able to contribute to their household economy which will raise the level of the economy of Honduras.
Love Unveiled can help women gain confidence as they learn who they are in Christ and learn that forgiveness and prayer will bring about change
- At least 17% of people live on less than $1.25 a day
Women earn 45% of men’s wages
40% of households are headed by women, 40% of which live in extreme poverty, compared to only 35% of male-headed households.
Patriarchal society – as a result women are not allowed to make decisions in their household, domestic violence is accepted, women must remain at home subject to their husband’s demands
Femicide (murder of women for reason of gender alone) has increased 30% from 2011 to 2012
High rate of human trafficking, Honduras is the epicenter of Human trafficking and this crime is less visible due to the prevalent belief that women are “less than” ; domestic violence against women is accepted
Please pray for Krista and the LUV Training in Honduras beginning May 23rd
Pray the Lord will open wide the doors to heal the broken hearted and set captive free!
- Pray for Krista’s safe travel to and in Honduras.
- Pray for anointing on Krista and her translators, Julissa and Peggy
- Pray for Pedro, a kind Christian man with a vision to help the women of his country. He wants his wife and other women to have this training. Pedro leads men’s ministry in Honduras but believes in the need to help women reach the women. He has provided most of the logistical support and transportation for Krista to hold this training.
- Pray for provision of all funding to cover the cost of the training, accommodation, travel and materials for this workshop and future workshops.
If you would like to invest in helping reach the women of Honduras through this and future LUV trainings please visit our website www.loveunveiled.org and go to Donate, to make a contribution.
Yours in His UnVeiled Love